October 19, 2011

Harvesting Season

 Maya last year
 our cider
The last of the harvest...apple picking and cider making are the last harvesting activities of the season. We also hunted for chantrelles in the wooded area above the farm and ran into a bear - that's always fun. Despite being quite chilly in the mornings, the sun came out in full force to warm us up during the day. I am really enjoying the farm life lately - we go out there every other week or so and it is really a welcome retreat from the city's hustle and bustle.  Granted I don't have to run the farm, so I get to enjoy it to its fullest.  My parents are redoing the cottage on the property so that we can have our own space now that we are toting 2 kids around.  I am so excited! So farewell warm weather...hello Fall.  I am officially acknowledging that the cold weather is here to stay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...