February 2, 2012

Thursday DIY: Coat Rack

Inspired last week from this mudroom pictured above, I set out to build something similar. With much help from my Dad and his tools, we built this pine coat rack that I then painted white to match my trim. My photos don't have that star quality but take it from me, it looks so fantastic and because it is high up on the wall, it makes you notice the vaulted ceiling much more. I made a little kiddo one as well...amazing how many jackets two young children can have! It is winter after all so ALL the coats are out on display but we may have to extend theirs as our littlest gets older. 
 Everyone gets their own basket for hats, mittens and scarves.
 I am going to add a rod to the end here for hanging scarves and bags on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...