February 8, 2012

Parenting in France

I have always been a fan of France - I have traveled there extensively and lived there once - so I am always interested in hearing about their culture and way of life. Parenting is no exception. It is fascinating.  The WSJ published a wonderfully interesting article written by an American mom raising her kids in France. Now, having lived with a Parisian family in France during college, I have my own opinions on the school systems and the like, but this notion of "educating" rather than "disciplining" is something I can hop on board with. Apparently I am not the only one - I just placed a hold on the author's newly published book, Bringing up Bebe, One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting, at my local library and I am number 104 in line. It was published yesterday! Now that is what I call some solid demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...