March 6, 2012

Interior Tuesdays: Living Rooms

 here
 here
I have been sitting in my living room for the past few weeks trying to come up with something fresh and new (being sick and stuck on your couch has the tendency to make you very aware of your surroundings). I was so bored with the colors, the arrangement and the furniture. With the exception of changing throw pillows and getting a new rug, there wasn't much I could do about the furniture and colors. I love the color of our walls - it's like a yellowy wheat field - and we don't have new furniture in the budget this year (skis, jackets and oh, more skis = yes, furniture = no) so I was left with changing the arrangement. I moved the chairs in different positions, I got rid of the rug and moved half of the toys into the kid's rooms. Voila. What a difference! It just feels soooo much better - a little change can truly bring big impact to a space. So, I'm happy...for now. 

Here are a few inspirational living rooms to drool over... (Can you tell I am in full-on simplicity mode?)

 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...