December 12, 2011

Monday Memos: Ayurveda Skin Care

As I mentioned before, I am an avid studier of all things Ayurveda. This most definitely includes my skin care routine. Some ingredients change depending on your dosha, but here is what I use (I am primarily Vata).

In the Morning:
I use an oil-based cleanser consisting of the following:
5 parts base oil (I use sesame)
4 parts aloe vera gel or juice
1 part each of jojoba, avocado, sunflower, almond and Vit E oil and glycerine
Essential oil (I use rose, geranium and sandalwood)

I mix all in a dark glass bottle and it is lasting me forever.

For normal skin, use almond oil + basil, rosemary, or lemon.
For dry, use as I used above.
For Mature skin, sesame + lavendar, frankincense and neroli.

Then a spritz of rose water then a moisturizer (i use sesame oil + neroli)

In the Evening:
I use a dry herbal cleansing powder consisting of the following:
Almond meal, red sandalwood, manjistha, triphala, jaggery, and licorice.


Then a spritz of rose water and my sesame oil + neroli mix.  


Before I had kids I could find the time to do a mask of some sort every week but that luxury is no longer but it's a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...